Kaweah Post Office
The building, which measures only 12 by 15 feet in size, was constructed of local cedar and redwood by volunteer postal patrons in 1910, each contributing $2.50 toward materials. It has remained in almost continuous operation for 100 years, subject to the vagaries of the U.S. Postal Service. It currently serves 47 box holders with daily mail delivery, “manned” by a volunteer, since the U.S.P.S. rescinded its contract as a full-service post office in May, 2010.